As Server Developer at Supersolid you will create scalable backend code for fun and engaging mobile games with millions of users. You will work as part of a highly skilled team to develop new game features and maintain popular games. You will contribute to our software stack, develop new services and create new games.
- Implement features in a way that is performant and will scale well with increased volume and concurrency of users
- Monitor, debug and quickly resolve server and database issues on games in production
- Create services and shared libraries to streamline development and live operations
- Work in all phases of the development lifecycle with a focus on efficient and iterative coding
- Be part of an expert engineering team with a coherent development approach and high level of technical quality
- Passion for developing highly scalable web services that power popular games
- Software craftsperson with a diligent programming mentality and zero tolerance for bugs
- Excellent understanding of programming best practices and data-driven design
- Experience writing automated software tests and writing testable code
- Self-driven and excel at completing tasks in a minimally supervised environment
- Able to communicate ideas from abstract game features to complex technical designs
- Comfortable working in a small team on high impact features
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a related subject
- Experience working with databases, ideally NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of commonly used web security techniques
- Experience developing real-time client-server applications
- Designed, written, deployed, debugged and maintained web services with 100k+ DAU
- Devop with experience of cloud platforms such as GCP, Heroku, MongoDB Atlas
- Git aficionado
- Won a game show challenge in Home Street
If you are interested in joining Supersolid, please email us below!
Please note that you need to be entitled to work in the UK. If you are not sure about your eligibility, please find out more information about working in the UK from GOV.UK.